Morbleu Black Rum Brownies (Chocolate)
Rum brownies! We dare you to have only one.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 100 grams of chopped dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp. Morbleu Black Rum
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Butter an 8-inch square pan and line with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, cocoa, salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine 100 g of dark chocolate, butter and oil. Heat in a microwave, stirring frequently, until butter is melted and ingredients are well blended.
- Add vanilla, 3 tablespoons Morbleu Black Rum and mix. Then add the sugar and brown sugar. Mix.
- Add one egg at a time and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients.
- Then add the hazelnuts and chocolate chips and mix.
- Spread in the pan.
- Bake 34 to 36 minutes or until sides are firm.
- Allow to cool for 2 hours.
- Chocolate sauce: melt 100g of dark chocolate and 3 tbsp. of Morbleu Black Rum and mix.
- Pour sauce over brownies just before serving.